This no-bake Nutella chocolate cheesecake mousse is decadent and delicious! This creamy whipped dessert is easy to make and perfect for celebrating any occasion. You can use it as an individual dessert, a fruit dip, or even as a pie filling.
This rich and creamy Nutella Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse is the perfect dessert for entertaining. We create a silky smooth and soft texture by making our own fresh whipped cream. With only a handful of ingredients, this decadent dessert is easy to make and comes together in just a few minutes.
This quick and easy dessert will wow your guests and keep them coming back for more. Spoon this chocolate cheesecake mousse into individual cups, use it as a pie filling, or use it as a dip. With so many ways to use this chocolate mousse with Nutella, it really can't be beat.
If you like a rich and creamy mousse as well, try this Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse. For more cheesecake recipes try these Raspberry Swirl Mini Cheesecakes, Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes, or these Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites.
Why You'll Love This Nutella Cheesecake Mousse
- This Nutella chocolate cheesecake mousse only uses six ingredients.
- It comes together in only ten minutes.
- Make this recipe in advance for easy entertaining.
- It can be used in many ways, such as dessert cups, pie filling, or a dip.
- Cream Cheese - Full fat cream cheese is preferable in this Nutella cheesecake mousse. I use the Philadelphia brand each time, and it never seems to fail.
- Nutella - Nutella is a brand of chocolate hazelnut spread. It is rich, creamy, and completely addicting. Other brands of hazelnut spread can also be substituted if need be.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - Cocoa powder gives this Nutella mousse dessert a little extra chocolate flavor and adds rich color.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - We use heavy cream in this recipe to make our own whipped cream. Fresh whipped cream is such a treat and whips up in no time. The key to making homemade whipped cream is to make sure the heavy cream is cold.
- Powdered Sugar - Powdered sugar adds sweetness to the fresh whipped cream. Since Nutella is already naturally sweet, only a tiny amount of sugar is needed.
- Vanilla Extract - Vanilla adds a hint of flavor to the whipped cream. It is essential to use a brand that states "pure" vanilla extract. This is because some brands use artificial flavorings and not natural vanilla.
How To Make Nutella Chocolate Mousse
Making Fresh Whipped Cream
- First, combine chilled heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- Next, with an electric hand mixer, whip on medium-high speed until fluffy and stiff peaks form (about five minutes). Place whipped cream in the fridge to keep cold.
Making the Nutella Mousse
- Next, place the room temperature cream cheese in another medium mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until creamy (about three minutes).
- Add the Nutella and cocoa powder to the cream cheese mixture and continue beating until incorporated.
- Then, add the whipped cream to the Nutella cream cheese mixture in thirds and gently fold with a spatula just until combined.
- After all of the whipped cream has been added, keep folding until there are no more streaks of whipped cream. Finally, spoon the Nutella cheesecake mousse into serving cups and serve or chill up to two days in advance. Alternatively, chill and then pipe into serving cups for a more elegant look. Top with more whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Substitutions for Nutella Cheesecake Mousse
- Use cool whip in place of whipped cream. While I love the taste of fresh homemade whipped cream, cool whip may be used as a substitute in this Nutella cheesecake mousse.
- Use mascarpone in place of cream cheese. Alternatively, mascarpone cheese is the Italian counterpart of cream cheese. It is velvety in texture and has a higher fat content than cream cheese. I can attest that this Nutella cheesecake mousse is delicious using either.
- Substitute melted chocolate for cocoa powder. Instead of cocoa powder, add half an ounce of melted (but not hot) chocolate.
- Nutella Cheesecake Dip - This deliciously rich Nutella mousse is perfect as a dessert dip. Serve it in a bowl with strawberries, graham crackers, marshmallows, and pretzels as dippers.
- Make a Nutella Mousse Parfait - Layer the mousse in individual glass cups with fruit, crushed cookies, or whipped cream to make a beautiful dessert parfait.
- Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Pie - Fill a store-bought graham cracker pie crust with Nutella chocolate cheesecake mousse and chill or freeze for a rich, creamy chocolate mousse pie.
- Add crushed Oreos - Blend Oreo cookies in a food processor and add to the bottom of the mousse cups before filling for an Oreo crust. Instead of chocolate shavings, top the Nutella mousse with crushed Oreo cookies.
- Garnish with different toppings - Garnish the chocolate mousse with crushed Oreos, white chocolate shavings, fruit, or mini chocolate chips.
Tips for Nutella Mousse
- Make sure the heavy whipping cream is cold before beating. Stiff peaks will only form when starting with cold cream.
- Start with room temperature, softened cream cheese. If cream cheese is still cold, it will not incorporate evenly into other ingredients. The result will be little white lumps of cream cheese in your mousse.
- If garnishing the Nutella chocolate cheesecake mousse cups with more whipped cream, double the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Once the fresh whipped cream has been made, place half in the fridge for topping the chocolate mousse.
- To make chocolate shavings, use a vegetable peeler to shave off the side of a solid bar of chocolate. As a result, this elegant touch adds a wow factor to this easy dessert and only takes seconds to make.
Yes, the colder the Nutella cheesecake mousse is, the thicker and firmer it will become. For best results, refrigerate for two hours or up to two days.
Heavy cream needs to be cold when whipping for it to thicken. Room temperature cream will take much longer or be near impossible to thicken heavy cream to a whipped cream consistency.
Yes, this Nutella cheesecake mousse can be frozen. Store in an airtight container for up to two months. To thaw, transfer to the fridge overnight and enjoy!
Chocolate Nutella mousse will last up to four days in the refrigerator. To store, cover with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to four days, though I doubt it will last that long!
More Nutella and Cheesecake Recipes
Nutella Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ¾ cup Nutella
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Shavings optional for garnish
- Extra Whipped Cream optional for garnish
- Combine chilled heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl.
- With an electric handheld mixer, beat on medium high speed until stiff peaks form (about five minutes). Place whipped cream in the refrigerator to keep cold.
- Place the room temperature cream cheese in another medium mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until creamy (about three minutes).
- Add the Nutella and cocoa powder and continue beating until incorporated.
- Add the whipped cream ⅓rd at a time and gently fold into the cream cheese Nutella mixture with a spatula until incorporated.
- Spoon into serving cups and serve or chill. Alternatively, chill and then pipe into serving cups for a more elegant look. Top with more whipped cream and chocolate shavings.