These Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites are an individually portioned, bite sized version of a classic favorite. They are the perfect size to feed a crowd from birthday parties and baby showers to holiday events. Make sure to save this easy make ahead dessert recipe to wow your family and friends with these mini cheesecake cupcakes.
I am a huge fan of individual cheesecake cups in just about any flavor. These Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites are an absolute breeze to make, can be made in advance, and freeze wonderfully. Simply let them thaw in the fridge or on the counter and top them with whipped cream when ready to enjoy. I love keeping a few of these mini Oreo cheesecakes on hand for when I have guests.
This is my favorite mini Oreo cheesecake recipe because it is the perfect size for individual servings and has minimal ingredients. I also love cheesecake recipes that do not require a water bath. Several Oreo cheesecake cupcake recipes I've seen only use cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and eggs. I add a small amount of sour cream and heavy whipping cream to achieve a luxurious creamy cheesecake filling.
Without the addition of these ingredients, the cheesecakes came out dry and crumbly. The texture of the cheesecake completely transforms despite using a small amount of simple ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate this post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Making The Oreo Crust
- First, place 18 whole Oreo cookies (including the filling) in a food processor.
- Next, pulse the food processor with the whole cookies until you reach the consistency of fine crumbs. Alternatively, add the Oreo cookies to a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Next, transfer the crushed Oreos to a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix butter and crushed crumbs together with a fork until well incorporated.
- Using two regular cupcake pans, fill sixteen paper lined cups with about one and a half tablespoons of crushed cookie crumbs. I recommend using these regular white cupcake liners for your cupcake pan. Firmly press the chopped Oreos into the bottom of each muffin tin cup with the back of a spoon or the bottom of a ¼ measuring cup.
- Bake the cheesecake crust for six minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove and set the Oreo crust aside to cool while mixing the cheesecake batter.
Making The Batter
- First, beat the room temperature softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for two to three minutes until creamy.
- Add the granulated sugar, sour cream, heavy cream and pure vanilla extract and continue mixing on low speed until just combined.
- Next, add the eggs and mix on low again until just combined.
- Fold remaining 8 crushed Oreo pieces into the batter with a spatula.
- Next, fill each muffin pan cup with the cheesecake filling. Using a three tablespoon ice cream scoop, place one scoop of the cream cheese mixture on top of the pre-baked crust.
- Finally, bake the Oreo Cheesecake Bites for 16-17 minutes at 350 degrees. The middle will slightly jiggly and the edges set.
Once the Oreo cheesecake cups are done baking, it is a tedious waiting game to bite into these beauties. Allow them to fully cool on the counter and transfer to the refrigerator for at least three hours.
These mini dessert cups need to have enough time for the middle to fully cool and set. Once cooled, transfer the cheesecakes to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Finally, top each Oreo cheesecake cupcake with whipped cream and garnish with finely crushed cookie crumbs and a mini Oreo cookie.
Tips For Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- The cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs need to be at room temperature to achieve that creamy cheesecake texture. Heat the cream cheese in a large bowl in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds to soften it up if it is still cold. As a result, the cream cheese incorporates much easier with the other creating a smoother cheesecake mixture.
- Mix the cheesecake filling as little as possible to prevent air bubbles from forming in the batter. Consequently, overmixing the cheesecake batter causes them to deflate as they cool. Firmly tap the bowl on the counter a few times to force any large air bubbles to the surface before adding the crushed cookies to the batter.
- The amount of crushed Oreos used in the filling depends on how much you want. Chop Oreos in a combination of small and medium pieces for best results.
- Use Philadelphia brand of cream cheese. Cream cheese is the main ingredient in these mini dessert cups so it is important to choose a good brand. Philadelphia cream cheese always provides consistent results with the best flavor.
Yes! Once they have thoroughly cooled and have refrigerated for three hours, individually wrap them in plastic wrap and transfer them to a ziplock bag and lay flat in the freezer. Once frozen, they will keep for up to three months. Remove the mini Oreo bites from the freezer and let thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour when ready to serve. Freezing ahead of time makes this recipe ideal for entertaining.
They should be set along the edges and jiggle slightly in the middle. The middle of the cheesecakes will fully set once cooled and refrigerated.
Bubbles occur because too much air is incorporated into the batter while mixing. Not to worry, the cheesecakes will taste just as delicious. Air bubbles can also be covered by adding whipped cream on top!
Yes! Greek yogurt, plain yogurt and even mascarpone cheese are all great substitutions for sour cream.
Variations For This Recipe
- Greek yogurt, plain yogurt or mascarpone cheese can all be used as substitutions for sour cream if desired.
- Use one whole Oreo cookie or even a Golden Oreo cookie for the crust in place of the crushed cookies and butter mixture. Lay a single Oreo cookie flat in the bottom of each muffin pan cup and skip pre-baking the crust.
- Use crushed graham crackers in place of crushed Oreo cookies to make the crust.
- Add ⅓ cup of melted white or milk chocolate to the cheesecake filling.
- Add mini chocolate chips to the cheesecake filling.
The next time you are searching for the perfect easy dessert for a baby shower, brunch, or even a holiday make sure to try these Oreo mini cheesecakes!
More Related Recipes:
The BEST Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Nutella Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
Mini Chocolate Cake Mix Donuts with Mint Oreos
Raspberry Swirled Mini Cheesecakes
Easy Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- 26 regular sized Oreo cookies (18 for crust, 8 for filling)
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- 16 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 16 mini sized Oreo cookies for garnish (optional)
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and fill two regular sized muffin tins with 16 paper liners.
- Place 18 regular sized Oreo cookies (with filling) in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are finely crushed into crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and crushed Oreo crumbs with a fork.
- Fill each of the 16 paper lined muffin tin cups with an even amount of the Oreo crumb/butter mixture (about 1 ½ tablespoons).
- Using the bottom of a ¼ measuring cup, press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the paper liners to make the crust.
- Bake for 6 minutes to set the crust. After 6 minutes take out of the oven and set aside to cool while the filling is made.
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla, sour cream and heavy cream and continue beating on low until just combined.
- Add the eggs and continue beating on low just until eggs are incorporated. Be careful to not over mix the filling.
- Next combine the remaining 8 regular sized Oreos into small marble to pea sized pieces and fold into the cheesecake batter with a spatula.
- Fill each of the 16 muffin tin cups evenly with batter. An ice cream scoop is useful to complete this step.
- Bake cheesecakes for 16-17 minutes until edges are set and the middle is still slightly jiggly.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to enjoy, top with whipped cream, Oreo cookie crumbs and a mini sized Oreo if desired.
Sew Crafty Crochet says
These Oreo bites look so yummy!!! Pinning!
Charmaine Anne MacDonald says
Wow that is a to die for recipe right there, mouth watering mmmmm thank you! Just love love love it!
You had me at Oreo! Even better that they are on a cheesecake. YUM!
My kids love anything made with oreos especially these cheesecake bites. These are the perfect size to control my chocolate addiction too lol.
Aimee Mars says
These were such a hit! I brought them to book club yesterday and they were gone instantly and everyone kept talking about how good they were.
Shadi Hasanzadenemati says
This was amazing and such a treat! Thank you!
These mini cheesecakes are so beautiful! The individual portion is perfect for when we have guests!
Wow! These were so good. I brought them to a friend's baby shower and a bunch of people asked for the recipe!
These were so creamy and amazing. Definitely making these again!