This Honey Ginger Apple Bourbon Fizz is the perfect cocktail to enjoy at your next holiday event. Packed with warm and fresh Fall flavors, this delicious holiday cocktail will be a hit at your next event.
This cozy Honey Ginger Apple Bourbon Fizz is a perfect way to celebrate the start of the weekend and the Fall season. It is warm and refreshing but also packs a boozy punch. It comes together in just a few minutes and is delightful to enjoy while sitting by the fire. Make this one your signature cocktail at your next family gathering.
- Bourbon - You can use any type of bourbon you enjoy. I used Bulleit for this one because its what we had in our liquor cabinet.
- Sparkling Apple Cider - I used Martinellis for this recipe however you could also instead use regular apple cider and pour it in the shaker with the other ingredients and once the glasses are poured, top them with club soda. I would definitely use a carbonated beverage here and not just regular apple cider because it really does give it a nice fizzy bite.
- Ginger - I chose the quick method of this recipe by placing chopped ginger into the shaker with the other ingredients and then straining it when pouring. You could also make your own ginger syrup by boiling a few pieces of chopped ginger with equal parts water and sugar for 10 minutes. Once it cools you'll have your very own ginger infused simple syrup. You could also slice ginger on a mandolin slicer like this one, then boil it in a simple syrup with equal parts water and sugar. After 15 minutes let it dry on a wire rack over night and dust the slices with sugar for an elegant candied ginger garnish.
- Honey - If you do not have honey you could also use maple syrup or even agave. The combination of bourbon and honey pair so wonderfully well together. I find that using local honey even tends to help with my allergies in the Spring.
- Lemon Juice - Make sure you are using freshly squeezed lemon juice. The bottles of pre-squeezed lemon juice you can find at the store have a completely different flavor and are off-putting. They are also pasteurized which destroys many of the vitamins and health benefits. Fresh is best!
If you would like this drink to be less sweet I would recommend adding less sparkling apple cider and adding more bourbon or just adjusting to your taste.
More Fall recipes:
Honey Ginger Apple Bourbon Fizz
- 4 oz bourbon
- 4 oz sparkling apple cider
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Peel the ginger and chop it into pea sized pieces and place in a cocktail shaker
- Pour in bourbon, lemon juice, honey and fill with ice and shake
- Strain and pour into cocktail glasses filled with ice and top each glass with sparkling apple cider
- Garnish with sliced apples, candied ginger or cinnamon sticks